Tickets to the December Star Theatre whisky event are now available.
With a veiled meaning often hiding behind the title of the guest Tasmanian producer's whisky, we will do our best to "see the wood for trees".
We welcome back for a triumphant third time Tasmanian single malt whisky from The Remnant Whisky Co. who will share a new release from their expertly curated ex-'Bothwell Distillery' filled cask stocks.
The evening will then vertically explore Scottish whisky from a distillery located north of the centre of the ‘Speyside' region, Linkwood. With no genuine 'official bottling' from the distillery, it is a whisky sought after by 'blenders' and adored by single malt aficionados.
Simon from Select Scotch Whisky, a leading importer and retailer of independently bottled Scottish whiskies, will join via video stream to discuss a Linkwood he is responsible for bringing to our Australian shores.
Additionally, Julian from the Independent Whisky Co. another excellent importer of Scottish Whisky into Australia will join virtually to discuss the cask strength offering from James Eadie.
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) State Manager Tom Rofe will once again be on-hand at the Star for expert insights and tuxedo maintenance tips.
$69 Cost includes:
TASMANIAN GUEST WHISKY - Remnant Whisky Co.
FEATURED SCOTTISH DISTILLERY - Linkwood
- Dimple 12 Blended Scotch Whisky (30ml) served to your preference: with soda, over ice, or neat (40% ABV)
- Linkwood Flora & Fauna - 12 Year Old single malt (43% ABV)
- Carn Mor Strictly Limited - 8 Year Old single malt (47.5% ABV)
- James Eadie- 11 Year Old single malt, single cask (55.2% ABV)
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society 39.201 ‘Back Seat Brewer’ 8 Year Old single malt, single cask, natural cask strength (61% ABV)
* Bottles dependent on Aus orders landing in time, otherwise will be substituted for an independent bottling of similar quality and ABV.
20ml serves of each Scottish single malt featured
A light supper/tasting morsels
Numbers are limited to 25 whisky tasting participants in The Star Theatre’s private function room.
Some drinks featured are high in ABV and served at ‘cask strength’, so please drink responsibly.
COVID safe hygiene measures will be in effect.
Cancellation policy: Tickets can only be refunded or transferred up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event.