Tickets for the final Star Theatre Whisky Tasting event for 2020 are now available for purchase, and with two Showcase Tasmanian distilleries in attendance it will be a case of
“Two heads are better than one!”
The Tasmanian Showcase whiskies for November will be two cask strength expressions of both Fannys Bay AND Hillwood... that’s right, four Tasmanian whiskies all at natural cask strength!
The evening’s line-up will also feature a single grain, single cask, natural cask strength SMWS release from the Cambus Distillery in the Lowland region of Scotland, and at 29 years maturation it is the oldest whisky ever to be presented at The Star!
$75 Cost includes:
TASMANIAN SHOWCASE DISTILLERIES
• Fannys Bay Distillery Tasmanian Single Malt Whisky Whisky Pinot and a Peated Pinot natural cask strength expressions
• Hillwood Tasmanian Single Malt Whisky from Tamar Valley Distillery Bourbon & Port natural cask strength expressions
- each are 15ml serves
FEATURED SCOTTISH DISTILLERY
• A welcome Star Theatre whisky based cocktail made with 30ml Crabbie’s Yardhead Single Malt 40% - San Francisco World Spirits Competition Gold Winner2020 ,from Leith in Edinburgh... which is also the location of ‘The Vaults’, spiritual home for The Scotch Malt Whisky Society.
• A Scotch Malt Whisky Society bottling serve of SMWS G8.12 (2007) 29 year old 58.2% “Amuse-sploosh!” - 15ml
• A light supper/tasting morsels
Nearly all of the whisky featured is high in abv and served at ‘cask strength’, so please drink responsibly.
Numbers are strictly limited to 40 whisky tasting participants.
Physical distancing and COVID safe hygiene measures will be in effect.
Cancellation policy: Tickets can only be refunded or transferred 48 hours prior to the start of the event.