February Premium Whisky Tasting
Tickets for the first Star Theatre Whisky Tasting event for 2021 are now available for purchase. “When Scottish Malts come of age…”
A more intimate whisky event than those previously hosted at The Star, with a maximum of 25 participants, the line-up will include four Scottish Single Malts, all selected for their minimum 18 years maturation in oak casks. In addition, a Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) as the fifth dram will be featured on the night.
The evening will afford those in attendance the opportunity to discuss, consume and compare whisky rarely seen in retail outlets.
Newly appointed SMWS - State Manager (Thomas Rofe) will be on hand for insights and illumination, and no doubt references to his own time spent in Scotland, at the home of the SMWS “The Vaults”.
$85 Cost includes:
FIVE SCOTTISH MALTS (25ml ‘dram’ servings):
• Loch Lomond Aged 18 Years 46%, American oak casks
• Longmorn 18 Years Old 48%, Double cask matured
• Knockando Aged 18 Years (slow matured) 43%, ex bourbon and European oak ex sherry casks
• Caperdonich Aged 18 Years (Peated) 48%, refill ex-American oak barrels
• A (mystery) Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) dram.
• An evening supper of Star Theatre specialities will be served.
Numbers are strictly limited to 25 whisky tasting participants.
As always, please drink responsibly.
Physical distancing and COVID safe hygiene measures will be in effect.
Cancellation policy: Tickets can only be refunded or transferred 48 hours prior to the start of the event.